After a brief foray in the Blue Borderlands, we decided to hit the Red Borderlands. After zoning in, we decided on the initial goal of taking back the supply camp and tower located just outside our home base. (1)
We took the supply camp (2), and headed toward the tower. At one point an enemy group size of about ~10 people came at us. We controlled a fallback to the supply camp where we wiped most of the enemy team and pushed back the tower to take it. (3)
We then pushed west to the other tower, with lots of back and forth action along the way. Much of this action took place in the ruins in the southern middle of the map; the ruins. (4)(video 1 / see below) After lots of fighting in the ruins (and some crafty movement on our part), we made a controlled fallback (not losing a single person) back to our tower. We ran inside the tower, circled up onto the walls, jumped out and wiped them. (video 2)
We then took the supply camp on the north eastern side (6), and then took the nearby tower. (7) We then doubled back to the supply camp, which had been recaptured by enemy (6). There was a solid 20 minutes of back and forth action at the gateway to this supply camp. (video 3).
What went well
- Movement was badass. Every call that was made was executed quickly and without hesitation.
- Grabbing supply, and building siege engines was easy and painless. People were not reminded 5 times over.
- Focusing down a target ‘till death; we even were able to do this with a target calling bug which prevented some people from not being able to hotkey the correct target
- We showed great teamplay in the way we quickly brought up our dead and worked together to finish off enemies on the ground
- We bought a bunch of ram and catapult blueprints, but we did not grab some of the anti-infantry blueprints (e.g., arrow cart). They are crazy useful when defending, so we need to remember to buy those.
- Make sure we focus the right targets. Many times we hit the folks in front of us, which is cool when we are trying to keep a stalemate and fall back, but many times with good support you can push to their backline and kill the squishies. Movement comes into place here (juking them, circling round, jumping on top)
- This was KT’s first go on the WvW circuit. There is not much to say about trending. Throughout the course of the event, people started loosening up and speaking when something important was being called out and they learned the gameplay. This is good.